Another year has truly come and gone when it comes to aging another year! This year definitely has hit me hardest not necessarily because anything drastically changed in my life, but the idea that it was my “golden birthday” and the ideas surrounded by it. Though having spent days in and out trying to figure out what to do and how to celebrate, there were also a lot of thoughts that popped in my mind.
A lot of re-evaluating and tons of flashbacks of what has happened from my last birthday to this year’s birthday has left me almost speechless and lots of emotions just rushing through my mind. As much as I felt that I hadn’t accomplished much from my last birthday to this birthday, there were a lot of personal milestones whether it came from growing up a “bit” to weeding out the bad energy, I thought it’d be important to highlight those twenty lessons in one post that I hope anyone who reads this doesn’t have to learn the hard way or later than necessary.
- Family ALWAYS comes first.
- Cherish the moments with your family.
- Put the phone down when you’re having a meal with family or friends.
- Make time for yourself to do the things you love.
- Find the right balance between family, friends, and “you” time.
- Especially being out of school, try your best to learn something new every day or at least every week!
- Don’t shop to fill a void but shop for necessities.
- Create an excel sheet or use a journal to track spending to keep yourself on track with expenses.
- When you’re angry with someone, wait a minute, five or even an hour before responding. Sometimes the first thought that comes to mind may not be the first thing you really want to say.
- Always be prepared so you never need to prepare.
- Every move you make paves the road for your next adventure.
- Sitting in comfort won’t help you grow as a person.
- Reconnecting with people who still treat you poorly and choosing to stay is just like re-reading a book and knowing the ending.
- Sometimes you need to put yourself first.
- Don’t waste your time on things that make you feel anything but happy.
- Self-Love is not the same as being selfish.
- There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.
- When you’re going through phases of feeling uncertainty, dig deep to find what that uncertainty is before it overwhelms you.
- Never be afraid to stand up for what you believe in, even if it can feel quite uncomfortable standing alone.
- You truly only live once, so make every moment of every day count.
What other lessons in life have you learned that I missed on this list that you found changed your life for the better? Share in the comments below!