If you’re someone like me who stresses basically about everything, especially when it comes to packing for a short trip, it can get pretty difficult especially when you’re trying to do the most without bringing the most. With that in mind, there comes a lot of thought into what outfit makes the list and what doesn’t. And aside from the materialistic items, it also becomes really stressful that nothing is forgotten when it comes to bringing all the necessary creams and medicine in case your skin flares up in a foreign country.
As much as my methods haven’t changed much and I am still procrastinating last minute to get everything together, there are some things that I have learned along the way that have definitely made the procrastination phase a lot less stressful. Here are five ways that have helped make packing a lot less stressful and a lot more stress-less:
- When you first wake up, clean up and before you go to bed, write down what they are because they have become the essentials you’ll need to take with you when it comes to skin and healthcare.
- If it’s important, pack it in the carry-on. There’s nothing more depressing than thinking you’d rather make space for a materialistic item rather than a sentimental family item and all of a sudden your luggage is lost and the item is no longer retrievable in any way possible.
- If you can buy it where you’re going, don’t stress it. Sometimes we tend to overpack and think we need to carry everything and end up carrying all of it back home leaving no room for souvenirs. If it’s something like paper cups because you’re afraid of sanitation, just buy it from a local supermarket near where you’re staying.
- Always carry a first-aid kit with you. I will never not learn this lesson after I cut my finger in a department store in New York City. There were no first-aid kits where I was at that moment and fortunately there was a nice lady in the store who offered me a bandage. Never forget to carry band-aids and sanitizer. You never know when you’ll need it and how handy it becomes at the time that you do.
- Unless you’re not going to a popular destination, all you really need to worry about packing is your passport, local currency, and credit card. The whole purpose of going on a vacation is to relax and there’s nothing worse than stressing too much before a big trip to only detriment your health along the way. As long as you have your passport, local currency, and credit card, you are good to go.