This week’s wellness post couldn’t have come at an opportune time. Throughout this entire month, I fell into a funk that I couldn’t get myself out of and the only way I knew how was to either power through and hope for the best or let time pass and let life take its course. Now that we are only two weeks away until April comes, I have come to terms that in order to get out of it is to self-reflect this past month and past year and let the lessons learned help create an atmosphere or space in my life that can only manifest great things for me and the people around me.
So what have I learned so far in 2018:
- If you weren’t born with them, you can indeed live without them.
- No one knows what’s going on in your mind unless you speak it.
- The only way to have a safe space in your life is to have a positive mindset to let positive things manifest.
- Make time for people who will make time for you.
- If you are constantly questioning a friendship, leave it alone and let life take its own course.
- Stay true to yourself or else being someone else in the process will only take longer to find yourself again.
- Hard work truly pays off.
- There’s nothing more important than spending time with your family and putting your phone down even when you’re waiting for your meal at a restaurant.
And what in order to hope for the best and remain at my best for what’s to come in 2018, here are some of the quotes that I hope become daily mantras for the rest of the year:
- Always be on top of your game. When you’re always on top of your game you’ll never need to prepare.
- Never let negative thoughts crowd your brain. As they say, “you become what you think.”
- Manage time wisely to a T.
- Never give up.
What about you? What have you learned in 2018 and hope to improve for the remainder of the year?