Can you believe it’s already the end of January? As much as I look back at January being a calm month with an equal amount of social and work-life balance, once February hits, I know I will hit the fan. If any of my readers are Cantonese/Chinese, you know in fact that mid-February is Chinese New Year and with Chinese New Year only being about a little bit more than just two weeks away, there’s a lot that needs to be done now till Chinese New Year. With that said, we all know that when our plates tend to get full in life, we forget to take care of ourselves so for weeks to come as our plates start getting filled, here are the top 5 things I found that are important when it comes to taking care of yourself to avoid a burnout:
- Moisturize your hands with lotion. – It gives you a feeling of self-caring while also giving yourself some breathing room.
- Squeeze in a face mask once per week. – During your face mask, unplug and just enjoy a nice calm moment before getting back on your feet.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. – Your body will thank you later.
- Take 30 minutes out of your day daily if possible to do your favorite hobbies – learn a new language, – Sometimes when we get engulfed in our life, we tend to forget to make time for our other passions in life.
- Call a family member or a loved one. – Talking to a loved one definitely helps bring you back to life and your two feet on the ground.
What else have you tried to avoid a burnout and done for self-caring?