If you’re new here, welcome to a new Wednesday series known as Wellness Wednesday, discussing topics from healthy living experiments I will do the week before and discuss how it’s changed my mental/physical health from cutting back on sugar experiment or cutting technology out for X amount of days. This week, I decided to drink 5-8 glasses of water per day to see what changes my body will face.
Ever since I was a kid, I would always drink about three glasses per day: one in the morning, one midday, and one before bed. As much as I thought that it was enough for me, it definitely wasn’t for my skin and body. I started taking a look at my mom who constantly drank water throughout the day and to this day, she has impeccable skin. So last week, I decided to give it a try by drinking between 5-8 glasses of water per day and the pros and cons I learned from doing this:
- Skin looked a lot healthier and most importantly hydrated
- Drinking a full glass before a meal helped urge my body to not eat as much
- Swapping coffee for water has lead to slightly lesser acne. I definitely wouldn’t say my acne is gone or even close to none but it is a lot more tamed considering the switch I made that was a lot better for my body.
- I found myself going to the bathroom every hour of the day because it was a such a drastic change for my body that to this day is slowly adapting to the amount of water I drink/input
- Occasionally if I drank up to three glasses within two hours, my mouth would feel too bland that I felt like I needed to drink something with some flavor like tea.
- Once your body has begun adjusting to drinking a certain amount of water per day, it’s hard to instantly retract that urge because you will begin seeing changes amongst your skin from a lot less hydrated face (which is a no-no) to having an urge to drink more water.
What changes have you seen with drinking more water? Did you guys suffer the same issues I did and seen similar changes? Comment below.